Tanácsok vegetáriánusoknak: Chase the winter blues away with iron
In the winter and early spring months, vegetarians and vegans face unique nutritional challenges that can leave them fatigued. Adding natural sources of iron can reverse this within a week.
Iron is responsible for sending oxygen to the tissues. Fatigue is a result of a lack of oxygen in the tissues. Therefore, iron is critical for reducing fatigue. The problem faced by vegans and vegetarians is finding a good source of iron to combat this fatugue. Iron deficiency can take place when:
- You don't find proper plant sources of iron
- You eat an overall unhealthy diet
- You follow habits that inhibit iron absorption - for example, drinking coffee or black tea right after eating
- You exercise vigorously, especially in high-endurance or performance sports like running, soccer, and bodybuilding.
How do you add iron through juice?
Tho body doesn't absorb iron from plant sources as efficiently as it does from animal sources. Soluble fiber reduces the absorption of iron. Fresh cold-pressed juice gently removes the soluble fiber, allowing the body to absorb it more effectively.
- The highest iron content can be found in parsley, basil, mint, carrot, beetroot, broccoli, pears or grapes. Once a week you can juice a raw potato, and in summer you can go for strawberries, apricots, plums, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Leafy greens such as spinach contain a lot of iron, but they also contain polyphenols which limit aborption. The solution is to juicce leafy greens with a lemon, which contains citric acid that negates the absorption-blocking properties of polyphenols.
- The best time for juicing is in the morning, ideally within 30 minutes of waking up. Iron is best metabolised by the body in the morning and on an empty stomach.,
What is the best way to juice for iron?
Juicing for iron requires a universal juicer that can handle fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens. The best type for this is a horizontal single-auger juicer. This type can handle large quantities of hard roots vegetables without straining, easily processes fruits, and is an expert on herbs and leafy greens. By far our most popular model is the Sana 707 cold-press juicer. With a 5-year warranty on parts and 10 years on the motor, we offer free lifetime service on every Sana 707.